Improvisation for Team Building (ITB)
What is ITB?Dr. Ingalls can provide ITB training for your team.
ITB is a series of improvisational games especially designed for sports teams. Improvisational games are like weight training; they work out the "improvisational muscles."
Dr. Ingalls has taught ITB to the University of New Hampshire Women's Lacrosse team, www.unhwildcats.com/lacrosse/index.html, and the McNicholas High School Girls Soccer and Volleyball teams.
Why should my team practice ITB?
Improvisation is about letting go of expectations, being in the moment of decision, and turning another player's "mistake" into an "offering."
With ITB, athletes:
How can my team learn ITB?
- engage in a "practice of method" that is developmental.
- become toolmakers rather than tool users.
- have fun and feel more gratified.
- respond more spontaneously to game challenges.
- face what seems impossible; go past what team members think is possible.
- create effective play in uncertain and demanding situations.
For more information or to schedule a training:
Please contact Dr. Ingalls
Ingalls@focusedtraining.com or call 917 776 9978 or 212 675 6230
For more information about Dr. Ingalls' ITB workshops go to:
The Association for the Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology Conference, October 2001, Orlando, FL.
The International Sport Psychology Conference, May/June 2001, Skiathos, Greece